Saturday, February 23, 2008

Brad Lidge is Hurt


Delaware Online:

Before heavy rain canceled the Phillies' workout today, new closer Brad Lidge limped off a back field at the Carpenter Complex after catching his spike on the mound and aggravating his surgically repaired right knee.

Lidge's knee flared on his first pitch of live batting practice. He walked off the field with athletic trainer Scott Sheridan and is expected to see a team doctor Sunday for further evaluation
"I just caught the spike on the mound," Lidge said. "I threw the pitch, but it felt like I pulled something in the knee. It didn't feel real good after that. Because of where we are in spring training, there's no reason for me to push it. It swelled up on me a little, but I'm optimistic I just pulled some scar tissue. We'll just try to be smart with it.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it's real sore tomorrow, and I wouldn't be surprised if I miss a day or a couple of days just to be cautious. I figure this is just one of the setbacks or one of the things that'll happen, to be honest.
I am actually one of the few people who thinks Lidge will return to form and be amazing, but if you are a Met fan this is great news. The Phils just acquired Lidge along with Eric Bruntlett this off-season for Michael Bourn, Geoff Geary, and Mike Costanzo and he is already feeling pain on his repaired knee. Maybe this is how the Phils season will go.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google