Wednesday, March 26, 2008

BA Projects Big Things From Mets, Wright, and Johan


I was reading over at Baseball America I cam across this article about how the Tigers are "the team to beat". So while I was reading this and was looking at the article and I noticed the chart on the side with their predictions. So here is what they say about the National League:
Division Series
Cubs over Phillies(wild card); Mets over Diamondbacks

Championship Series
Mets over Cubs

MVP Voting
1. David Wright, 3b, Mets
2. Prince Fielder, 1b, Brewers
3. Mark Teixeira, 1b, Braves

CY Young
1. Johan Santana, Mets
2. Brandon Webb, Diamondbacks
3. Jake Peavy, Padres

World Series
Tigers over Mets

Now I love the Championship and Division series, but the World Series is kind of a bummer. After last season I would be happy with making it to the World Series, but I would rather win not lose. You also have to love the MVP and CY Young picks. How great would it be to have the Mets win BOTH kind of like when Johan was with the Twins and Morneau won the MVP wuth him. If the Mets finish 1st in the East and Wright puts up numbers similar or better than last year he will easily win it and I think Johan is just about everyone's pick for the CY Young and honestly why wouldn't he be? the guy is simply amazing. In the AL the predict Joba Chamberlain to finish 3rd in the rookie voting(behind Evan Logoria and Clay Buchholz) and A-Rod 2nd in MVP behind (Miggy Cabrera).

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google