Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pedro Wants Back


ESPN:
"Pedro Martinez said he hopes to return to the New York Mets' starting rotation before the end of April, despite general manager Omar Minaya's recent statements that the pitcher was expected back by mid-May or early June. "We will give everyone the surprise of the month, I think, if things keep going well and there are no further delays," Martinez said in an interview with television channel CDN-37 in the Dominican Republic. Martinez, who was placed on the disabled list after injuring his left hamstring in his first start of the season on April 1. "I feel a lot better than before. I'm very happy to have spent a few days with Nao and I made the most of my time here working," Martinez said. Martinez suggested he may retire at the end of the season if he suffers another arm injury. "If I end the season healthy I will carry on, but if my arm hurts I will go watch the games on TV in a Dominican bodega," Martinez said."

...It's good to see Pedro with a positive attitude, but whether or not he feels ready to come back the Mets won't let him. It would be sad to see him retire at the end of the year. Pedro is my all-time favorite pitcher and I would like to see him around for another year, possibly two. Either way there is a an ace up the sleeve just waiting to come out and destroy the competition.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google