Friday, May 23, 2008

The Kid is 'Available'


According to Metsblog, on a SIRIUS radio station, Gary Carter was interviewed and when they asked him if he would be interested in managing the Mets he had this to say.....

“Boy, I’ll tell you what, I would love that, guys. When I saw that on ESPN today, Mike & Mike, they were talking about it and immediately I got on the phone and I called Jay Horowitz and I asked, ‘Should I try to call Mr. Wilpon?’ If there is this going on I just want them to know of my availability. I’m only a phone call away because my contract allows me to leave the ball club. I coul
d be in New York tomorrow, if necessary, because if there’s anything at the major league level I can leave this job…The comments that David Wright made saying that, you know, there’s no spark, there’s no fire, if anything I would love to bring that to the table because you know me, guys. I love the game, have a great passion for it and you know my enthusiasm, and hopefully I would be able to bring that to maybe help turn that ball club around. There’s way too much talent there for them to be a game under .500 and to lose four in a row to the Braves. That’s just kind of uncalled for and I think that they’ve just become complacent in some ways and ever since their demise of last year. And if you look at Willie’s record it is right around .500 since June of last year. And when you have that much talent there are a lot more expectations than where they’re at right now.”

...Man you gotta love the Kid. It is nice to see him come straight out, get right to the point, and calling out Willie on the poor job he has done. I could really care less whether the Mets take a Hall of Fame catcher like Carter, Lee Mazzilli, or that idiotic Braves' minor league manager who thought he was fighting in Iraq just get someone who will not sit back and watch his team crumble without trying to fire them up.

  • Marlon Anderson left tonight's game early with a left hamstring injury and a trip to the DL seems likely. Fernando Tatis replaced him and hit a home run in his first at-bat.
  • Jose Valentin played in a rehab game today and went 2-3 with a double and RBI.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google