Monday, February 18, 2008

Pettitte Apologizes


Today Andy Pettitte spoke out about his "embarrassing" situation. Pettitte started off by saying how he feels this whole situation has put a strain in his and Clemens friendship. He proceeded to go on and apologize to the Yankees, Astros, and fans about taking HGH. He the went on to say that he never wants young people to do what he did and that he never meant to bring his father into the situation, who gave him the two syringes while on Houston. Here are some quotes from Pettitte about his steroid use:

"All I can tell you, from the bottom of my heart I know why I did this. I did it because I was told it might be able to help me," he said. "If people think I'm lying, then they should call me a cheater.

"Do I think I'm a cheater? No, I don't," he said. "Was it stupid? Yes, I was stupid. Was I desperate? Yes, I probably was."

"This has been a horrible situation for me," he said. "I'm hoping and praying I don't have to do anything else with this."

"If it was illegal in baseball, I wouldn't have done it," he said.
When Joe Girardi was asked how much longer this would be he said this:
"I think a lot of that depends on what happens with Roger and what he continues to do. If that was to all die down, I think it would pretty much go away," Girardi said Sunday. "But, obviously, there's some litigation there that Andy might be a part of, so from that standpoint, it could linger."





Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google