Friday, April 4, 2008

Meet Gotay the Grouch


"Add Ruben Gotay to the list of ex-Mets vowing revenge against their former team. Like Lastings Milledge and Paul Lo Duca earlier this spring, Gotay is angry with the Mets for giving up on him without what he considers a reasonable explanation. "Yes, I'm mad," Gotay tobased onld The Post yesterday. "I never thought they would put me on waivers after what I did last year. I felt I deserved a chance." Gotay appeared to blame Willie Randolph for that decision how he responded when asked about seeing the Mets' manager this weekend. "I'm not going to go out of my way to talk to him," said Gotay, who had tears in his eyes last week when told he was put on waivers. "I'll talk more to the players than him, because I've always had a pretty good relationship with the players." The Mets explained their decision to Gotay by telling him they wanted a stronger right-handed bat off the bench. They also felt Easley was a more versatile infielder while viewing Gotay as almost strictly a second baseman."

Even though he is being a little melodramatic I kinda feel bad for him. He is right about Willie being the one who wanted him out of New York. It was clear as day from the very beginning that Willie did not like Gotay and tried has hard as he could not to play him. Although it is not that bad to see him go in stings to see him wearing that Brave's uniform whether or not he develops into a solid starter.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google