Monday, May 12, 2008

Mike Francesa Made a Rational Thought?


Is it actually possible the Mike Francesa actually made a complete thought about the Mets? I could not believe me ears when I heard this, but I was in complete and utter shock. I was coming home and there was nothing on so I figured I might as well turn about the Metropolitans. To my surprise they were actually right on.

It first started off with their handling of fans comments regarding ace starting pitcher, Johan Santana. For some reason fans dare to complain about a pitcher who has not done as well and he could and still manages to have a 4-2 record, which should be record if not for the bullpen, a 3.10 ERA (24th in the league), and 52 K's (2nd in the league). Any other pitcher we would be going crazy over the stats, but because people expected a 34-0 0.01 ERA and 300 K season out of Santana they seem disappointed. This is a pitcher who starts out slow and is a 2nd half pitcher so if he continued with his normal career path his stats at the end of the year will look like Cy Young numbers.

Mike and the Mad Dog brought this up and actually stuck up for Santana, something that I do not think I have ever heard from them before.

Next came the lame Aaron Heilman argument again. I just can not understand why people are on his case so much. Yes he has been bad so far, but look how well he has done over the last few years. Look at the last 3 seasons when he was primarily a reliever:
2005: 3.17; 2006: 3.62; 2007: 3.03
Those stats are outstanding, puts him up there with some of the top relievers in the league. If you look at his last 10 games he has put up better numbers with a 3.60 ERA showing how he is improving as the season is going on. You have to remember that he battles with shoulder problems and never gets a chance to rest it with Willie throwing him every day, almost acting as if he has forgotten the other relievers.

Again Mike Francesa was right on target saying how he would take him on any team in the league. I was amazed that he would actually like a Met who was struggling. Then Mad Dog had to chirp in and say yeah, yeah I'd take him too, but I wouldn't trust him. Does that make any sense at all. You would want him on any team you can make, but wouldn't trust him?? That just bewildered me, but thumbs up to Mike Francesa.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google