Monday, March 24, 2008

Saints Made an Offer For Shockey


Star-Ledger:
"I did some sniffing around and came up with very little. Not saying nothing's cooking, just that there aren't signs of it. All I know is what I heard recently - that the Saints' original offer was a second-round pick (No. 40 overall, if it was this year's pick they offered) and S Roman Harper, their second round pick in '06. The Giants said, "Nah."
So unless NO is reloading for another run at Shockey, nothing's cooking on that front. And believe me, if they plan on prying Shockey from the Giants, they'd better come with a seriously good offer."

It is a solid opening offer for Shockey, but in my opinion it is not enough for someone
of Shockey's talent. The 40th overall pick would be nice and Harper could also be really helpful on this team, but not at the cost of Shockey.

If the Saints were willing to up the offer with the 10th overall pick I would seriously consider it. This would allow the Giants to take someone like Keith Rivers, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, or Leodis McKlevin.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google